Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Washed away

We have recieved heavy rain the in Joplin since Sunday night. We had a tornado warning Sunday night. Yesterday morning I got up and straitened my hair and put on a dress for my interview with Parents and Teachers. We went outside to pouring down rain. We got to the school. I pulled up in front of the building. There was a rush of water about 6 inches deep right outside the van door. The big girls were able jump out over it, but not Aurora. I got out of the van, slipped off my sandals. I went around the van and basically tossed her over the water. Needless to say by the time I got to my interview I was damp and my hair was curly, frizzy as usual. I feel like the interview went well. I made a thank you card and took it back over to Patty yesterday. She said she is doing more interviewing on Friday and I should hear from her the first of next week. I'm glad I have a cell phone since we will be out of town next week for 3 days.

We've had more heavy rain and thunder and such this morning. I was out earlier because Aurora and Logan had dentist appointments. NO CAVITIES! Visability was about a block in distance and less at times. Kinda Scary.

My friend Julie who I am growing a garden with at her home, since we are in an apartment, said her back yard looks like a pond. We hope our crops survive.

It's a busy week for us. We feed the missionaries tomorrow. I am going to try my hand at alfredo sauce from scratch. We'll see how it goes. I need to go shopping for Aurora's supplies for hehr birthday party on Saturday. I also need to get everyone packed for next week.

Take care dear ones.

No comments: