Friday, June 22, 2007

Logan Deflates over the Trashman

The trashman comes regularly on Tuesday and Friday mornings here in our complex. For the last year it has become ritual for Logan when he hears the truck to run into our bedroom and look out the south window to watch the dumpster get lifted into the air and bang back down. Today was no different. Logan was sitting on my lap while I read to him. Then, all of a sudden he heard it and jumped off my lap with a grin and a "It's the trashman, Momma." He started down the hall. He was halfway down the hall when I told him to stop. I remembered that Aspen, the little girl I babysit, was asleep in our bedroom. He was obedient and stopped, but he let out a long and heavy sigh. He came back around the love seat with slumping shoulders and a sad look on his face. He walked across the livingroom to the couch and sank face first into the fluffy arm of the couch. It was hard not to laugh at him. He stayed there for a moment then layed himself out on the floor with another sigh. It was about 5 minutes before he was ready to read with me some more.

I realize you might not be able to appreciate it without having been here, but I hope you enjoyed the story just the same.

Jennifer

No comments: