Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Aurora's first day in Jump Start Kindergarten

In the Joplin School District they have during summer school, what is called Jump Start Kindergarten. It is summer school for children who will be in kindergarten in the fall. Even though Aurora isn't 5 yet, she is able to attend. Yesterday as we were unloading to go into the school. Joy was saying how she was scared. "This isn't our normal school, we don't even know the teachers names." Aurora very matter afactly said to her, "I will ask them." That was the end of that. She did great, at least the teachers said so. I asked her what she did. She said, "Activities." I asked her what kind of activities and she said, "I don't know." She showed me what she ate for lunch by pretending to hold a stick and taking pretend bites out of it. I said, "A Corn Dog?" She said, "yes and I ate the hot dog too." She hasn't ever liked hot dogs. It is amazing what you'll try when others are having it too or it is the only thing offered.

Yesterday after school, I took all of the children for a yearly eye exam. Joy and Aurora are both in need of glasses. Joy has what is called Convergence ineficency. The glasses will help, but he is suggesting very expensive visual therapy that her insurance doesn't cover. We are going to seek another opinion. We will be going today to get glasses, though.

Well, I better get on with my day!!!!!!

No comments: