Friday, June 8, 2007

"Sick" Children

Yesterday morning when Patience woke up she said her stomach hurt and she was really hungery. I encouraged her to get ready for school. If she got sick at school I would come get her. Joy didn't want to get out of bed. She ended up getting upset with me. She has a great way of turning her faults back around on me. Anyway, before we made it to school she had shed several tears. I dropped the girls of with my love and headed home. I had just turned onto our street when my cell phone rang. It was Bruce. Joy had just called from school to say her stomach hurt and that she was told she could go home. I told Bruce I was going back to the school and I would take care of it.

I spoke to the principal and explained how Joy is often "sick" even when she is not "sick." I told him if she threw up or ran a fever or whatever, I would be happy to come get her. I told her the same and off she went to class.

I returned home. I got Logan ready to go to the 9:30 story time. We picked up his friend Lily, Julie and Luis's daughter. We got to the Library and got their name tags on and my phone rings again. I went outside to answer it. This time the school had called because Patience had thrown up. I went and got her. She slept for 2 hours and then she got up and ate a lot and was fine the rest of the day. Ahh, the joys of parenthood.

I don't know about any of you, but we got quite the storm last night. Sirens and everything. All 6 of us in the bathroom at midnight. What an adventure.

Jennifer

No comments: