Monday, July 23, 2007

Released and Called

Well, I got a call Saturday morning asking me to meet with Bishop Mawby on Sunday morning at 8:30 before church. I went and he told me that they had prayed and felt like they had recieved confirmation for me to be in a new calling. I was released from my callings of Activities Leader and Primary Teacher. I was called as the Second Counselor in the Relief Society. I will be serving with Laurie Bliss and President and Monique Mawby as 1st Cons. I am humbled and excited. I held this position for a year five years ago. It was very difficult on my family at the time. Aurora was only a month old when I was called and I was babysitting too. I feel I learned a lot from that last experience and that it will be better this time. When school starts I still plan on getting a part-time job. The last Relief Society presidency, two of them worked full time. This time we are all stay at home mothers.

I am grateful to have the opportunity to do a better job this time around. I want to be a true support to our president. I respect her as a leader and most especially as a long time friend.

We had fun Saturday at the "Fun in the Sun" activity for primary. I actually did the slip and slide. It was about 100 feet long. It was fun, but very jarring. I am no longer 12, that's for sure. I made it all the way down and got my arms off the end. A running start and lathering up with baby shampoo.

We went and bought the start of the school supplies today. Only 23 days til' school starts. This will be odd to only have one at home. When they were in summer school I was still babysitting. What will be even more odd is if Logan get's into preschool.

I hope this finds everyone well and happy.

Take care,
Jennifer

No comments: