Friday, July 6, 2007

Avoiding The Dishes

So, I thought I would give an update for the last few days. Anything to avoid the dishes.

We had a fun 4th of July. Our friend, Matt Towns came down and spent the afternoon with us, dinner and watched the fireworks. He served in the same mission as Bruce, except he was Chinese speaking and Bruce was English. It was nice to see him. It had been over a year since we last saw him. The fireworks display was not as good as last year, but it was still fun to be out and sharing our patriotism with so many people.

Yesterday was a slow day. Shopping and working on church responsibilities. Bruce and I are both speaking on Sunday. Plus, we are teaching the second and third hours. Therefore, a talk and two lessons. It has been a busy couple of days. Oh, we had fun at Silver Dollar City. It was very hot.

Tomorrow we will be attending a baptism for 3 young people who are brothers and sisters. One boy and two girls. Hanna, the youngest at 11, is in my primary class. I'm hoping all of the class will be in attendance. I know for sure Tucker will be there because I am giving him a ride. Anyway, I am looking forward to it. I'm conducting the music and saying the opening prayer. Bruce will be leading the ceromony. Well, I better dash. Not too much of an update, but there it is.

Oh, ya, VanHoose family dinner in Springfield on Sunday.

No comments: