Sunday, July 15, 2007

Another Calling

On Thursday we got a call from Brother Tucker. He spoke to Bruce first and asked him if he thought we could find childcare for all of the children for 5 days. Bruce told him he thought we could work something out. Then he asked to speak to me. Brother Tucker asked if I would go to girls camp as a leader this year. It is from July 31 to August 4th. I am very excited about it. I always enjoyed it when I was a young woman. For those of you who might not be familiar with our camp program, it is for girls ages 12-18. We have 10 girls going. I will actually be in a cabin with one other leader, two junior leaders, and 8 girls I've never met. In the past church units would cabin together. We have some units who only send 2 or 3 girls so now they are cabined by years. I will be with 2nd years. I am responsible for them. I will hike with them and do all activities with them. At night however, I will be in charge of doing a devotional with the girls from our ward.

The camp is located at the Lake of the Ozarks. It is a 3 hour drive. We will be carpooling up and back.

Joy and Patience are going to stay with Grandma VanHoose. Aurora is staying with our friend Julie and Logan is staying with the Bliss family. He's very excited. His best buddy, Max, is their 3 year old son. Bruce should be off at least 1 and possibly 2 days while I'm gone so he can get the little ones for a while.

I had a nice visit with my family on Friday. It was nice to see my Aunt Dorothy and her husband, Paul. Paul is 93 years old. He is getting quite frail. I was struck by a strong feeling when I hugged him goodbye, that it would be our last goodbye in this mortal life. It doesn't make me sad. He has had such a happy and meaningful life.

My mother and I had fun discussing our callings as Activities leaders. She is excited and a little anxious about where to go with the calling.

Our ward has a pioneer day celebration on Friday. Primary activity day is on Saturday. It is our annual water play day. The children look forward to it every year. I'll have to bring filled water balloons. They can also bring water guns, but we don't have any of those.

I better get to bed. Lori and I are walking at 7:00am tomorrow.

Good night all.

No comments: