Monday, September 17, 2007

Catching up

Just a quick catch up. Joy's first rehearsal went well. She came home a little scratchy in the throat. There is a girl from her class at school that is also in the choir. They live here in the complex, so I am going to start taking the girls and Kerri will pick them up. It should work out well for both of us. My Mom came down on Friday afternoon and spent the night. She went to our ward building clean up on Sat. morning. I tried out a new recipe for a cheesy potato and ham soup that went over well. The missionaries were here at lunch time coordinating with Bruce, so they ate with us. It is always a pleasure to have them in our home. Oh, I forgot, we had 4 missionaries to dinner on Thurs. Elder King and Elder Smith, who served here a few months back were in the area. They are asssistants to the Mission President. It was nice to see them again. Saturday afternoon, Bruce spoke at the Priesthood leadership meeting. I read his talk. It was very well writen. He definetly had the Spirit guiding him.

Bruce and I were able to attend the adult session together. The oldest of the Bishop's three daughters babysat for us. It went well for her and we enjoyed the conference.

Matt came to the Sunday session and heard the girls and I sing in the Stake choir. We always enjoy his company.

I've got to get the girls in for scripture study and bed.

No comments: