Monday, October 29, 2007

Good News Moment

Every Sunday in Relief Society we are given the opportunity to share a "good news moment." I had bad medicine head going on at church Sunday that I neglected to share my moment. So, here goes.

Jesse, Bruce's youngest brother called on Friday night. He said I need to keep Bruce from going to the World Wide Dungeons and Dragons day this coming Saturday so we could be in Spfld. at 2pm. I asked why and he said so we could be at Becca's baptism. I was shocked and thrilled. They have been together for 4 years and married for 2. She was born and raised Catholic. I have yet to hear her conversion story, but I guess she has been taking Missionary lessons since May. We are so pleased.

Aurora is continuing to improve. She still has a cough, but is getting her appetite back. She had lost 2 pounds between our last two doctor visits. I'm not sure if she has lost any more. We all went as a family to the annual Trunk or Treat and Chili cook off on Saturday. It was really fun. I also had a Stake R.S. training that morning. It was a busy day.

I've read two novels in the last 3 weeks. One I was able to finish in less than a week. It is called, "Children of the Promise," by Dean Hughes. It is about and LDS family and there struggles during World War II. It is a quick read. However, I find myself no always devoting as much time to Non-fiction as I should.

I haven't gotten as ill as Aurora, but I am having a tough time. I think it is a combination of allergies and a head and chest cold.

Anyway, two more days to Halloween. We are going trick or treating with the children at the mall. Also, Bruce and I have a date planned on Thurs. Matt may be coming down. We'll see.

Take care.
Jennifer

No comments: