Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year

We had fun on New Years Eve having the missionaries over for dinner. They stayed and played Uno Spin with us after dinner. Patience won 3 out of 5 hands. It was a lot of fun teasing each other. Around 10:00pm we put the kids to bed. Luis Pagan came over and watched a movie with Bruce. I watched a movie on my computer in the bedroom. On the 1st we were able to participate in Kyle Surick's baptism. It was a spiritual experience. Bruce gave the talk on baptism and I gave one on the Holy Ghost. Kyle shared his testimony and the spirit was strong in the air.

On Friday, Joy, Aurora, Logan and I went to Springfield. We had a nice visit with Anne Rone and her daughter. Then we went to Jack's birthday party and went to Jump Mania. The children had a fun time. After that we went and saw Beth and the boys. The boys have made a homemade motorless go-kart. The kids enjoyed riding down a hill. We ended up at Jim and Debbie's for dinner and visited for a while.

When I got home I got a phone call from one of the sister's I visit teach. She has bronchoitis and they gave her a very strong antibiotic. She was having bad side affects and she was home alone with her 9 mth old. She could not get a hold of her husband. He went to wal-mart and forgot his cell phone. I rushed over and when I got there her husband had made it back. She lives here in the complex. Bruce came over and helped give her a blessing. She said that it was the most instantaneous blessing she had ever received. I was happy I was able to help her with the baby and that we have the knowledge and blessing of the priesthood in our lives.

We are grateful for our blessings and the people that love and support us.

No comments: