Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Good bye, Dear President

Sunday night around 9:45p.m. I received a text message from Carl VanHoose telling us that President Gordon B. Hinckley, the President of our church had died at 7:00p.m. MST.

It came as a shock to both Bruce and I. President Hinckley was 97 years old. Although he was becoming feeble, and it our heart of hearts, we knew the time was not far off that we would hear such news, it was none the less upsetting.

We never had the opportunity to personally meet him. I can testify that I know he was a prophet of God, just as Moses and Noah were in days of old. I am so grateful for modern day revelation. I know that under the direction of Heavenly Father and the Savior, through the promptings of the Holy Ghost, another Prophet and President will be selected and He will continue to lead this church in the direction of righteousness.

I know that President Hinckley must be overjoyed at being reunited with his wife and loved ones who have gone before.

I conclude by saying thank you Dear President for your example and leadership. I only pray that I can live up to it.

No comments: