Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Out of the Tongue of my Babe

Yesterday Logan and I had an interesting conversation. When I pick him up from pre-school he has the opportunity to pick out a sticker when he leaves. The receptionist always has some on her desk. He chose a butterfly sticker. As we were driving away from the school our conversation proceeded like this.

Logan: "Mom, do you like butterflies?"

Me: "Yes, I do."

Logan: "Does Dad like butterflies?"

Me: "Yes, I think so, why?"

Logan: "Because I want to have lots of them in the house forever."

Me: "Oh, ya?"

Logan: "Yes."

Me: "Do you think the butterflies would be happy all locked up?"

Logan: "NO, but I still like butterflies."

Me: "Did you know that when you go back to Heaven you will be able to make a world and you can put all the butterflies on it that you want?"

Logan: "I didn't know that."

Logan: "You get to Heaven in an elevator."

Me: (Silent chuckle) "Where did you learn that?"

Logan: "I don't know. (quiet for a moment) I saw it in a movie."

Me: "What movie?"

Logan: "I don't know."

Me: "I don't think that would really work."

Logan: "Yes it would."

Me: "I'm not sure."

Logan: "Yes you can."

(Quiet for a moment)

Me: "You know Logan, the only way to really get to Heaven is to die. Or, when Jesus comes again Heaven will be on the Earth."

(Quiet thinking from Logan)

Logan: "Jesus will need a big rope."

Me: "What will he need a rope for?" (can you hear the smile in my voice?)

Logan: "To pull it down."

Me: "Pull what down?"

Logan: "To pull Heaven down to earth."

Me: "So, Jesus will pull it down to earth?"

Logan: "He will throw a rope around the earth and pull it down."

Me: "Wow, that is a neat idea."

Logan: "Then he will need one of these." (I glance back to see him with his hands held near his cheeks in fist moving them up and down slowly).

Me: "What is that?"

Logan: "You know."

Me: "No I don't.'

Logan: "You know, it bounces up and down and makes a hole."

Me: "A jack hammer?"

Logan: "Yes."

Me: "What will Jesus need a jack hammer for?"

Logan: "To make a hole in the earth."

Me: "What does he need to make a hole in the earth for?"

Logan: "To put Heaven in the earth."

Me: (sigh of joy) "So, Jesus is going to put Heaven in the earth?"

Logan: "Yes. You only get to Heaven in an elevator in a movie."

Me: "That's right."

End of conversation.

I tell you what, it is so interesting what this child comes up with. He just dazzles me sometimes. I hope you have enjoyed this glimpse into my child's mind.

2 comments:

The Wallace Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Wallace Family said...

I LOVE this!!!! Thanks for sharing- it brought a smile to my face :)