Monday, August 20, 2007

Back in School!

Wow, the summer went very fast. Well, there were days that it seemed like it would never end, but now it seems odd that it is over. Aurora is loving it. When she got home the first day I asked her if she liked her teacher, Mrs. Olds. She said, "She is so Kind." I thought that was really sweet. Joy said her teacher talks too much. Patience had a really good time. They had a "snowball" fight. They wrote some things descrbing themselves on a piece of white paper. They then crumpled it and threw it at each other. When they caught one they would read it. I think Joy is going to learn more responsibility this year. Today was the first day for homework. Their were very few days when she had it last year. I think it will be pretty regular this year. They are also expected to read 20 minutes every night and practice their 25 spelling words.

Bruce turned 33 yesterday. We celebrated with his parents on Saturday. They took us all out to a steak house and bought him a Dairy Queen Ice Cream cake. It is his favorite. It was a busy day, but a really nice visit.

Logan is officially taking to potty training. Last Wed. when the girls went to school I started him in underwear. We had a few days of 3 going and 4 accidents. Then it got better from there. He had no potty accidents yesterday. I think he is afraid to do his "business" in the toilet. He keeps having those kinds of accidents. We are very excited with his progress. He's even pretty good about going on his own without being asked. He is growing up so fast. He wants to do most things for himself. He'll always be my baby, but he's no longer a baby baby. Anyway, I hope that makes sense.

I better get to studying the scriptures. That was my main reason for getting on the net tonight. I find it so helpful to search the scriptures by catagory on www.lds.org. Anyway, I hope all is well in your part of the world.

Jennifer

No comments: